How we help
We’re on your side
SPA was formed to support the smaller practice through:
- Updates on technical and regulatory developments
- Providing a listening ear, the benefit of shared experience and, in certain circumstances, financial help, for members facing regulatory or disciplinary problems
- Maintaining engagement with ICAEW at
localand national level, so we know what’s happening
- Responding to consultations so that the view of the smaller practice is heard
- Providing member benefits through affinity schemes with providers of services
- Three Steering committee members and 2 other SPA members sit on the ICAEW Practice committee which is chaired by our vice chairman.
- We also seek your input and views on topical issues via our email surveys.
Members and their partners/spouses are invited to attend
Benefits of membership
We have negotiated economic rates for our membership schemes, namely:
- A Group PII Scheme with free Tax, Legal and Technical helplines.
- A Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- A Fee Protection Insurance Scheme to cover HMRC
- Legal advice and representation – please see our rules for
provisionof legal support and we can recommend legal advisors to assist you. We have a good deal of experience of advising members who have regulatory problems with ICAEW,and can, at the very least, provide a listening ear and general informal advice.
- Access to members providing assistance in specialist accountancy areas.
- Pension specialist to assist with your pension needs.
Join our community