- Formed in early 1996 as ‘Small Practitioners Association’, and in 2003 became The Society of Professional Accountants.
- A wholly independent association of professionally qualified accountants in small practices.
- Currently representing some 1,000 professionally qualified accountants throughout the UK.
- Our members provide a high quality, personal and professional service at economic cost.
- Members are committed to an on-going programme of technical development.
- All members must carry appropriate indemnity insurance.
Our Constitution and Rules
Our stated policy
SPA’s stated policy is to promote and improve the relationship between members and the accountancy bodies by providing constructive criticism together with practical proposals for improvements and to provide commentary and proposals to other authorities influencing our practicing environment.
SPA has been successfully fighting the corner of the small practitioner for over 20 years. Our reliable information sources and authoritative statements are sought and trusted. SPA continues to make independent representation to government bodies and responds to current issues both within and beyond the ICAEW.