How joining SPA makes your voice heard
- SPA was established in response to concerns about the effectiveness of ICAEW’s support for Small Practitioners.
- SPA represents some 1000 small practitioners throughout the country.
- We provide a collective voice on ICAEW issues that directly affect our practising environment.
- We respond to HMRC Consultations and Initiatives that directly concern those in small practice.
- Three SPA members sit on the ICAEW Council, and our Treasurer plus three other SPA members sit on the ICAEW Practice Committee.
- We also seek your input and views on topical issues via our email surveys.
Benefits of Membership
We have negotiated economic rates for our membership schemes, namely:
- A Group PII Scheme with free Tax, Legal and Technical helplines.
- A Private Medical Insurance Scheme.
- A Fee Protection Insurance Scheme to cover HMRC enquiry fees.
- Legal advice and representation on disciplinary matters for issues that post-date your membership (to a capped level).
- Access to members providing assistance in specialist accountancy areas.
- Pension specialist to assist with your pension needs.
Members are invited to attend SPA’s AGM and CPD session followed by a social event which is held in May each year. This is an opportunity to meet up with other fellow practitioners in a relaxed atmosphere.